Firstly, Reciting the Quran is one of the most important habits of Muslims. Secondly, The Quran is the book of Allah. Which is the revelation of the last prophet of Allah (Hazrat Muhammad Sallah o Alihe Wasalim). The Quran has thirty surahs with seven manzils. Every surah is God’s message to Muslims.Reciting the Quran is the source of communication with Allah.
What happens when we recite the Quran?
Reciting Quran cleanses your heart. Reciting relieves stress and provides relaxation and comfort while also purifying the soul.
The Advantages of Reciting Quran
There are thousands of benefits to reciting the Quran, but five are describe here
1. In reciting the Quran, you get the reward for every letter of the Quran, as “alif” is one word and “laam” is the next. When you read one letter, one word, or one surah, you are rewarde for it, as in a Quran verse.
“Whoever recites a letter from Allah’s book receives the reward from it, as well as the reward of ten likes of it.”I do not say that Alif Lam Mim is a letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter, and Mim is a letter. (Sunan At-Tirmizi)”
2. Reciting the Quran is like deeply claming your soul.Ibadat or zikar instructs us to remember Allah. It provides you with inner peace, and through this, you feel unexpecte energy in your body. As the Quran says
Surah Ar-Ra’ad, 13:28
“Those who have believe and whose hearts are assure by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah, hearts are assure. (Surah Ar-Ra’ad, 13:28)”.
3. If you have any type of tongue problem or you stutter, don’t worry about it; you also get a reward for it. People who do not speak a foreign language or any other language may find it frustrating, but patience or practise will help you get what you want, and you will also be reward for it, as state in Sahih Al-Bukhari:
“The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur’an will be with the honourable and obedient scribes (angels), and he who recites the Qur’an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have two rewards.”(Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
4. If you recite Quran every day, it will provide you with guidance on the right path. It is sharing all your problems with Allah. it provides you with knowledge of right and wrong and gives you lessons in benefits. The Quran mentions in Surah Ibrahim:
“A Book We have sent down to you in order for you to bring mankind out of the darkness and into the light.”(Surah Ibrahim, 14:1)
5. Reciting the Quran provides you with the ease of finding solutions to your problems. It is easy to forget that someone is watching us every second of our lives.As state in the Quran Surah:
“And we have certainly made the Quran easy to remember, so will anyone remember?(Surah Al-Qamar, 54:17)”